diumenge, 11 de maig del 2008

South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami


Today, black. Because it is the colour of its cover.

I can't still believe the condensed amount of force that words could have. Or the energy that Murakami gives to each one.

I should be sincere, I can fancy myself as a good reader, but I am not capable to read more than 20 or 30 pages per day. I am the most restless person within the world and I use to get tired rapidly. However, to follow this book has marked the exception; this afternoon I read the penultimate chapter and I wanted to leave the last for tomorrow, but I couldn’t. What a way to analyze and to go in depth in such a real facts.

I didn’t trust that Japanese literature could reach to catch me as it did; and less having the english translation. 12 days have been enough to devour the volume.

Book bought and started in Praha, a holiday Tuesday, together with The Metamorphosis (Franz Kafka), Café Europa: Life After Communism (Slavenka Drakulic) and Enough (Juhn Naish). Book finished in Leeuwarden, a lazy Sunday.

2 comentaris:

Mandragora ha dit...

M'agafen ganes de llegir eixe llibre. Espere que m'acompanyes a comprar-me una còpia, o almenys hem deixes fullejar el teu, i no et demane que me'l deixes, per que jo trobe que un llibre no es deu deixar (es massa ítnim com la roba interiro) jajaja.

M'alegrat llegir-te kuket de seda (per lo de frank kafka)

Un beset i cuida't

Vic ha dit...

I think you raised my interest on this book. Wondering why is it so interesting.
Yeah, some books are just unstopable. I had that feeling a few times.